The Real Farming Trust is looking for an experienced part-time communications coordinator who would be responsible for helping to develop and implement its communications strategy, including communication around the Oxford Real Farming Conference (ORFC) and associated events and other RFT programmes, but also the management of RFT’s wider communications, press, social media and websites.
Specific duties include:
- To support the Event Manager and Senior Management Team with the development and delivery of a communications strategy and plan and act as the first point of contact for communications, monitoring and reporting progress and making sure the right members of the team are kept up to date and in the loop.
- To ensure that our work is promoted effectively through media relations, social media, marketing communications, events and our website(s).
- To support the ORFC team with event promotion and communications and to develop stories around our work, particularly in the lead up to ORFC and other events, and pitch these to targeted press.
- To support other programme specific communications, including promoting the Loans for Enlightened Agriculture Programme and our new project, the College for Real Farming and Food Culture
- To take charge of our social media – regularly getting material from the team, devising messages and campaigns and putting the right images together.
- To work with the team to build and maintain a bank of case studies and personal stories and gather material for blog posts.
- To ensure that communications are built on firm foundations by checking that all relevant legal and best practice procedures are in place, e.g. data protection.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on 21st September 2020. Interviews will take place via video conference on one of the following dates: 23rd, 29th or 30th September 2020. Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to those who are unsuccessful in getting an interview. Successful applicants will be notified by 22nd September.
For all further details please see here