The CLA have just published this report “calling on Government to support farming families by recognising in planning policy for England that building a new home in the countryside is justified when it will enable a farmer to retire and transfer a farm to the next generation”. Such a recognition of the needs of retiring farmers should be added to “paragraph 55 of the National Planning Policy Framework. This addition would encourage local authorities to grant permission for this type and purpose of rural development”.
- The battle for the future of farming: what you need to know
- Agric Bill: Labour leadership backs Agroecology amendment
- Draft Environment (Principles and Governance) Bill published Dec 19
- New Defra consultation on planning: biodiversity gain to be key
- How much of the world’s food do smallholders produce?
> See full calendar
> Post your event on our calendar
The Passing Scene