25 news posts are going at HEO level
Applications by June 8 2017
This from the job description
This is a tremendously exciting time to join Defra, which is at the heart of the UK’s relationship with the EU and the nation’s place in the world.
These roles offer an exciting opportunity to shape the development of food, farming and animal health policy , to ensure a strong and successful food industry, and to protect the UK now and in the future from animal and plant diseases.
As a Policy Adviser, you will be expected to work within a range of different policies, using evidence and expertise from within and outside Government to help to guide decisions about how they are developed. You will brief Ministers and senior officials, and work with stakeholders within and outside Government to help ensure we get the best results.
These roles are focused on food, farming and animal and plant health issues. This system is at the heart of Defra’s work, leading all the work on the food and farming industries and on the protection of animal and plant health.
We require people who can help us to:
• scope and design a new system for supporting farmers to improve the environment and farming productivity;
• prepare for negotiations for EU and global market access for our food and drink sector, which employs 1 in 8 people in the UK;
• support the long term growth of businesses throughout the food chain;
• develop policy on plant health and animal health and welfare that boosts the economy by supporting trade through better biosecurity, improves welfare, and reduces the cost of disease.
• Knowledge of food, farming or animal and plant health issues is helpful but not essential.