This piece in the NYT (Dec 31 2016) describes what is now common practice in universities that take money from industry: “scientists deliver outcomes favorable to companies, while university research departments court corporate support. Universities and regulators sacrifice full autonomy by signing confidentiality agreements. And academics sometimes double as paid consultants”.
- For sustainability, growth, environment let’s talk of love, conviviality and the planet
- Select Committee report on food waste: is Neil Parrish MP suggesting we bring back swill?
- Nature Plants on use of pesticides and arable productivity and profitability
- The Ecological Land Cooperative’s new share offer
- Bird flu – who’s to blame?
The Passing Scene