This piece in the NYT (Dec 31 2016) describes what is now common practice in universities that take money from industry: “scientists deliver outcomes favorable to companies, while university research departments court corporate support. Universities and regulators sacrifice full autonomy by signing confidentiality agreements. And academics sometimes double as paid consultants”.
- Our failing food system: where the real battle-lines lie; and what we can do about it!
- What is Agroecology? Why does is matter?
- How our food and farming systems are making us sick
- Brexit, re-wilding, vegans, GMOs, and the meaning of “progress”: why we need to get back to basics
- The capitalism in our food
The Passing Scene